Band Boosters Fair Share – Grocery Cards
Coordinator: Aashish Modi
About the Program
Earn Fair Share $$ by purchasing Lowes Foods and/or Food Lion gift cards. When you purchase one of these gift cards, a percentage of the cost of the card is donated to Enloe Band Boosters (EBB) by the store. This discount is passed on to the EBB member placing the order.
For example: You pay Enloe Band Boosters $100 for a Lowes Foods gift card. You receive a Lowes Foods gift card worth $100. You also earn $6 (6%) towards your Fair Share payment.
How do I order grocery gift cards? Grocery Gift cards are ordered once a month (typically around the 15th) year round. A reminder e-mail is sent out on the EBB Band Boosters and Marching Band Yahoo! Groups a week ahead of each order. Mail a check and a self-addressed stamped envelope to the coordinator at the address provided. You will receive your grocery cards within about 7-10 days of the order date.
Food Lion Gift Cards
· You earn 5% of the purchase price in Fair Share $$
· You can purchase Food Lion gift cards in denominations of $5 to $500.
· You can NOT purchase other gift cards using your Food Lion gift card (for example, you can’t purchase an iTunes gift card and pay for it with your Food Lion gift card)
· The Food Lion gift cards can NOT be reloaded.
· To qualify for the Fair Share discount from Food Lion, the Order that Enloe Band Boosters places with them must be for at least $500.
Lowes Foods Gift Cards
· You earn 6% of the purchase price in Fair Share $$
· You can purchase Lowes Foods gift cards in denominations of $10, $25, $50, $100, $150, $200.
· You can purchase other gift cards using your Lowes Foods Gift Card.
· The Lowes Foods gift cards can NOT be reloaded.
· To qualify for the Fair Share discount from Lowes Foods, the Order that Enloe Band Boosters places with them must be for at least $500.
Kroger Cares (discontinued in October 2014)
Kroger Cares Program allowed members to earn 5% Fair Share by purchasing reloadable $5 Kroger Gift Cards. At the end of every quarter, Kroger provided a statement that listed the Gift Card Number along with the amount loaded on that Card and the Fair Share earned, and a consolidated check for all Gift Card purchases made during a quarter.
Kroger ended this program in October 2014. Starting in November 2014, the Kroger Cares Program was replaced with the Kroger Community Rewards Program.
Kroger Community Rewards
Under the Kroger Community Rewards Program:
- A Kroger customer associates their Kroger Plus Card to a non-profit organization every year.
- All purchases made at a Kroger store, pharmacy or a gas station are associated to their Kroger Plus Card at checkout.
- At the end of every quarter, Kroger issues a consolidated check to each registered non-profit organization based on the purchases its members made at Kroger during that quarter.
- This Program’s Quarters end in November, February, May and August.
With this change, the non-profit organization, such as our Enloe Band Boosters relies on individual members to provide the Donation Amount Kroger posted on their Profile as proof of their Fair Share earnings.
To signup for this program, you will need your Kroger Plus card#.
- If you don't have one, you may request one at the Customer Service desk at any Kroger store.
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 800-576-4377, select option 4 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
Click Here for Kroger Community Rewards Enrollment Details
Band Booster Member’s Ongoing Responsibilities To Earn Fair Share
1. To earn credit for your purchases, be sure to use your Kroger Plus card# at the time of checkout.
2. At the end of each quarter, e-mail the following details to firstname.lastname@example.org:
a. Your student’s name
b. A screenshot of your Account Summary Page with your Name, Email Address, Plus Card Number, Proof of Enrollment with Enloe Band Boosters and Quarterly Kroger Donation– see information highlighted in sample below.
3. Re-enroll every year in September. Here’s how:
a. During September of every year, towards the bottom of your Account Summary, you will see a message informing you that your enrollment has expired, along with a Re-Enroll button. Click Here for Sample and Instructions
b. Clicking on the Re-Enroll button will prompt you to select the (Non-Profit) Organization you would like to earn the Fair Share for your purchases at Kroger. Type in “Enloe band” in the Search text box. This will display “Enloe Band Boosters”. Click on the “circle” to the left of that entry, and click on the “Enroll” button.
c. Once done, you are now re-enrolled, and will get a confirmation message – see sample below.